Tuesday, June 19, 2012

MY MOTEL ROOM WAS FEATURED IN TRUE BLOOD 5.02!!!!

Not exactly Supernatural, but it's related...

Supernatural, 1.01 was filmed in California and John's motel room was actually Room 10 at La Cresneta Motel in La Crescenta, CA; about 20 mins from LA - and Misha's house - but ANYWAY, it's a popular motel in Hollywood: Win a Date with Tad Hamilton, Justified and True Blood have also filmed there.

Supernatural is of course the most notable...until I actually stayed at this motel and the very room I stayed in was featured on last Sunday's episode of True Blood. =D

Want proof? Well I will provide it anyway! Because This. Is. HUGE! =D

Now, onto 5.02...
This is a picture I took my first night at LA Crescenta. I'd made a habit of taking pictures of all my hotel rooms across the country, but this one has always been my favorite: an old Supernatural set. But now...

The bed, the closet, the bathroom...really wish I'd gotten that tv
in my shot, but I swear it was there; turned it on to Nickalodeon
and never changed the channel...
They changed the curtains, and I honestly can't blame them, but
Arlene is sitting on the bed I slept in - with the same headboard
featured in my pic - next to the dresser/table and AC unit in my
pic as well. The dresser was important to the plot, so I'll forgive it.
They added pictures too, but, again. makes the room look a little
bit better...but here you can see the top doors of the closet, the
headboard and the light, all EXACTLY like my picture.
Now, I only took the one pic cuz that's all of the room I really used, so I'm so glad they filmed here so I can have pics of the rest of the room that I spent 3 days of my life in while hanging out in LA. =)

The door on his right leads to a kitchen that I wasn't too fond of,
and found one of those clear centipedes in, covered it with a
plastic cup and only used the fridge because warm alcohol is no
good for anyone...the room smelled kinda weird, too.
I mostly kept that door closed.
Not sure if that dresser was there, I think it was a chair....but that
window looking out to the parking lot...I looked out a  few times,
first just because I could - I was in fucking California! - then to
kinda see the goings-on of the area, if anyone was in room 10,
how close my car was to the window, how full the lot was and...
This beautiful sight: where Dean was arrested, 6yrs ago now for
his smart mouth in the pilot - the first thing I saw on my arrival
...around 11pm, Pacific Standard Time.
On Friday, August 19, 2011. =)
Which was really 2am, Eastern Standard Time on August 20th.


(also, Misha's birthday...which he tweeted about - while I was in his
time zone - just 20mins away form his house!!!! I'm a total fangirl =)


God, that was such an amazing weekend! My pic, btw ^^ =)
The second bed where I out all my stuff, much this guy's doing.
I totally forget his name and honestly have no idea what is going
on in this scene because:
THIS WAS MY FUCKING ROOM IN CALIFORNIA
Oh, the door. I wish you could see the number on because...
This key fits it =) Again, my pic ^^
Hooked that key to my keyring for 3 days.

...or I could just use xfinity tv to make my own screencap. ;-)

I know the number looks like a 1, it bothered me my whole stay, but I guarantee you it is in fact a 7.
They just used awkward numbers...
The angle of the shot doesn't help either, but that's the best
I've got...It's a 7, I swear. =)

. . .

I WENT BACK!

After checking out, finding other Supernatural locations and seeing the Hollywood sign, I went back to La Crescenta Motel to take pictures of the door to Room 10 and got Rooms 8 (Justified) and 7 (MINE!) just for kicks.

And here is the awkward 7 of La Crescenta Motel, as seen above
from a screen cap of True Blood, episode 5.02!
(my pic ^^)

So, to recap - the other times I mentioned:

First they used it in the season premiere.

Room 8 was featured, which was also used as Raylan's in the Justified pilot...which was later turned into a studio set, which the interior always was.
True Blood ^^

Justified ^^


And of course, Supernatural:
my pic ^^



1 comment:

  1. I stayed in room 10 last weekend! Disappointed it wasn't room 8 where they filmed Sons of Anarchy. But, now thrilled! Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

I have been in love with this show since the day it began and here I can share that passion with both those I've converted and friends I've found along the way. Basically anything and everything I find is posted here...including my own thoughts and opinions in picspam episode recaps and random fan freak-out as they come. It should also be noted that I am a huge Dean/Cas fan and tend to rec favorites fics, twice monthly, it's insane. Enjoy! ~kel